Sunday, September 19, 2010

.The Watchmen - Comedian.

So I have to admit that before the movie came out, I had no idea who or what “The Watchmen” were, and even during the hype of the upcoming movie, I wasn’t overly thrilled about it until I saw the trailer with my own two eyes.

What attracted me to the movie however, aside from the amazing visual effects and Doctor Manhathan’s neon-blue muscular sexy yet androgynous body, was the fact that Dean Jeffery Morgan, one of my all-time favorite Hollywood heart-throbs, was in fact playing The Comedian, a key figure in the movie/comic’s storyline.

What attracted me even more to the character was watching the movie itself. The man was no hero. He was a rootless and merciless vicious bastard who had fun and always got what he wanted, especially in bed.

I fell in love there and then. It wasn’t just Dean Jeffrey Morgan as a comic book character, but he was also playing one of my fantasy daddies on the big screen! I almost messed my pants in the theatre!

So today my tribute goes to The Comedian and the movie The Watchmen.


I can honestly say that I must have come up with 20 or 30 punch lines as to what the Comedian might be saying in this picture. My two personal favorites were “Want a peek, boy?” or even more fitting for the character, “Get on your fuckin knees, kid!” … but in the end I decided not to add any comic-book text to the image, and just left it for everyone’s imagination.

I think the blood … or rather, pre cum stained smiley-face was also a cute touch to the piece.

In any case, I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on this picture!

And last but not least, cheers to DC for bringing us so many handsome hunks and daddies to drool over! WOOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment