Tuesday, August 10, 2010

.Cyclops.


I really don’t know what to write about in this entry. I have too many thoughts to share about the picture. I guess I could mention how I always rather disliked Scott Summers as the leader of the X-Men and just wanted someone like Logan to shut him up, or rather, fill him up in this particular instance! WOOF!

However, this picture in my head has very little to do with Cyclops. The posture I worked on here reminded me a lot of Patrick Fillion, as it’s a posture he likes to use a lot on his characters. I’m a big fan of Fillion’s work, as well as his efforts to manage something as beautiful as Class Comics, which I can only dream to be able to work with at some point in the future.

In this particular piece, I looked back through Patrick’s old work, studied it and tried to toy around with the idea of merging his earlier style to mine and see the outcome. Sadly, I don’t think I am anywhere close to his brilliant design and/or coloring, so I guess I’ll have to stick with building up my style from the group up like I have been trying to do for the past while!

Never the less, thank you Patrick for being such an inspiration to me and I can only hope that sometime in the future I will be able to work alongside you and Class Comics.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! you've got the hottest guys on here. My favorite was actually the batman and superman one, but I also have a little question about the art-- I noticed a little texture there, and I was wondering how you do it. I paint digitally but nothing remotely complicated has ever made it's way onto my comp, so, yeah. Cheers and keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete