Sunday, September 19, 2010

.Green Lantern and The Flash.

I once read that one of the many secrets to success as an artist in any industry is to reach out to the fans and, while not compromising oneself, give back to those who support your work by fulfilling a request from time to time.

Now I have to admit, I need to learn to be a little bit more flexible with this, I don’t usually enjoy working on requests, aside from the picture of the handsome Tony Vega, but today I decided to play with a piece for one of my very few “fans.”

He is undoubtedly my best friend, my biggest admirer and supporter, and one of the people who I hold most dear to my heart.

When it comes to Superheroes, we both share the hots for the DC Universe, and when it comes to the JLA, his favorite pair is none other than … *drum roll* … Green Lantern, John Stewart and the Flash!!!


Come on, like you didn’t see that one coming!

I mean, let’s be realistic, who doesn’t like this pair anyway? There’s so much chemistry and friendship that it just makes you want to scream “Stop eye-fucking each other and actually do it! Get on with it boys!”

I personally always had a soft spot for the big muscular hunk that is John Stewart, and he is most certainly my favorite Green Lantern. Sorry Hal fans, nothing personal. I just can’t say no to strong, beefy, chocolate muscle men!

This piece was -really- tricky to work on though, I have to admit. I used -way- too many hues and too much saturation to begin with, so much so that when I finished the piece, I really couldn’t care less about the cum and spit swapping, and was dazzled more with the bright colors in the background, and we all know that that’s just WRONG. Once I toned it down a little, it came together quite nicely.

Still not sure if I’m 100% happy with it, but I do hope that the person this picture is dedicated to really enjoys it.

Much love to you! Enjoy the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment